One of three Shade prints, started as a small edition in 2021 before being transformed in early 2022. The edition he made last summer had plenty to commend it, but Jonathan wasn’t entirely satisfied... As he often does, he placed the prints in a drawer, waiting for the muse to strike. When it did, he revitalised the prints completely, overprinting the original compositions with a rhythmic tapestry of hand-cut paper stencil shapes. Moving away from the deep background colour of the originals, he introduced a note of calm – a nuanced layer of grey, gauzy, overlapping motifs – while simultaneously emphasising the vibrant impact of certain colours, allowing them to burst through.
- Multi-layered paper stencil silkscreen print
- 300gsm Somerset Satin paper
- Signed and numbered in pencil
- Unique state print (numbered 1/1)
- 250mm x 350mm
- Colours may vary slightly
- Price does not include framing or shipping